Points of View
Welcome to the “Points of View” Page for SET™. Here we regularly share our thoughts on capturing competitive pursuits, particularly as they apply to SET. We hope that you find them interesting, thought-provoking, and valuable with helping you win your next bid.
Click on any of the Points of View titles that are listed below to get a preview. Please download for free any that might be of interest to you by completing the short form at the bottom of the page.
In addition, we would welcome any thoughts that you might have regarding any of our Points of View. There always is something that we can learn from each other. Just e-mail us to get the conversation going at email@example.com.
All the Best,
Points of View Previews
- You Are Winning, But Can You Scale?
- The Biggest Issue in the GovCon Proposal Creation Process
- Stuck in the Middle―“What Can Mid-Size Players in the GovCon Marketspace Do?”
- Winning Competitive GovCon Pursuits Really Is About Realizing That “We Are in A Thinking-Person’s Business”
- It Is Proposal Strategies that Really Underpin a Competitive GovCon Win
- Here’s the Dirty Secret: Government Evaluators Do Not Even Know What Win Themes Are
- Do You Really Have a Discriminator for Your Next Competitive Bid?
- Internally-Derived Competitive Intelligence—Your Company’s Real Equity
- Have You Done a Thorough Competitive Assessment to Win the Deal?
- “We Lost Our Last Competitive Pursuit on Price.” Oh Really?
- Which Type of Capture Manager Is Leading Your Competitive Pursuit?
- Do You Know What the Ideal Winner Looks Like to Win Your Next Competitive Pursuit?― It’s Not You
- In Competitive Government Pursuits, “Hope Is a Bad Strategy”
- Do You Know the Key Factors Necessary to Win Your Next Competitive Pursuit and Why They Are Important to the Customer?
- Do You Really Know What Is Keeping the Customer Up at Night?
- Is Probability-of-Winning (P-Win) A Sufficient Measure for Competitive Pursuits?
- The Hybrid Workforce Is Here to Stay ― Now How Do We Win Competitive Pursuits?
- In a Competitive GovCon Bid, Do You Have All the Pieces of the Solution to Win?
- How Can You Disruption-Proof Your Future Capture Efforts?
- Are You Doing What Is Necessary to Enable Your 3rd-Party Consultants to Help You Win?
- How Do You Become Protest-Proof With Your Competitive Bids?
- Does Being a Capture Manager Make You Feel Nervous?
- Do You Know the Capture Manager Creed?
- Alright Capture Manager,”Show Us What’s Really Behind Those Slides”
- The Death of Thinking
- Too Busy to Win, But Definitely Have Enough Time to Lose
- Artificial Versus Authentic Intelligence in GovCon
- Anyone Can Win Once in GovCon, But Can You Win Twice?
- The Competitive Win Starts Way Before the Proposal
- Congested, Contested and Competitive FedCon
- Capture Debt – Delay, Cut Corners, and Settle for Suboptimal Performance
- Position, Navigation, & Timing in Capture
- Admiral Rickover’s 7 Rules
- “I Assume, I Believe, and I Think” — Words Which Often Contribute to GovCon Competitive Losses
- The Relationship Between the Cognitive Domain of Bloom’s Taxonomy and the Solution Engineering Network™
- Stop the Bullshitting at Your Company’s Color/Gate Reviews
- Does Your Company Too Often Experience a Beat Down?