What are some features and benefits of using the Solution Engineering Tool (SET™)?
- Draws upon decades of experience in Business-to-Government/Business-to-Business client delivery,
program management, opportunity/capture management, and proposal planning/development
- Based on globally taught and proven Solution Engineering Framework™
- Very affordable for companies with limited budgets
- Easy to order and use online
- Easily complements any existing business development processes
- Built-in tutorials to support ease of use
- Helps do the necessary “strategic thinking before writing” in the opportunity assessment, capture, and
proposal planning phases of competitive pursuits
- Enables better decision-making, particularly at the Executive Level
- Helps answer the most important question when pursuing a competitive bid. “Why your company?”
- Supports the design and development of the solution for your competitive response
- Stores the rich context of how and why a deal was bid to increase overall company value over time
- Captures company’s intellectual capital to enable future growth
- Quantifies the growth status of your enterprise
- Lowers the cost of capturing new business
- And protecting customer business you already have
How Flexible is SET?
SET is a tool-of-tools with 61 distinct tools across it that can be either used end-to-end, piece-part, or any combination thereof to support your opportunity assessment, capture, and/or proposal planning efforts. It does not matter if the opportunity is a large single or multi-ward contract years-out or a fast two-week turnaround for a task order. SET is flexible enough to help you to easily do the necessary thinking that that is essential to winning competitive pursuits. Regardless of how you choose to use SET, it creates value for enterprises of all sizes.
Who are some key stakeholders that benefit from SET’s features?
- C-Level Executives — Get 360-degree transparency and control over state-of-the-pursuit; cost avoidance; greater growth; and increased company value
- Business Developer — Is better enabled to set the Pursuit/Capture Manager up for success and win the deal
- Pursuit/Capture Manager — Can more easily and confidently build the “blueprint” to win
- Bid/Proposal Manager — Receives the “blue print” to win versus trying to build it with inadequate customer and competitor context
- Technical Lead/Program Manager — Is better positioned to provide customer offering/solution with greater benefits realization and risk mitigation
- Subject Matter Experts — Are provided with right strategies and tools to optimize contribution of their expertise
- Technical Writers — Are provided with all of the essential components to write a compliant, convincing, and compelling response
- THE CUSTOMER — Has traceable, irrefutable, defensible, and explainable justification to support contract award decision to your company. More important, receives better, faster, and less costly benefits realization and risk mitigation
- THE ENVIRONMENT — Is impacted less due to reduced need for competitive pursuit team members to travel to have same benefits of face-to-face interaction. Plus, with the trend towards the hybrid workplace, overall employee work-life balance and morale is higher.